Southwestern Clinical Hypnotherapy
Life, Health, and Well-Being
What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a state of mind which everyone is capable of achieving. It is a measurable state (THETA) that we all go into before we fall asleep completely or before we wake up completely. When properly induced by a trained professional hypnosis produces a wonderful state of relaxation, during which your inner mind is able to reached directly, even though you are consciously aware of what you are doing. You are aware of everything the hypnotherapist says while you are hypnotized.
More information on hypnosis:
- Hypnosis does not involve mind control or unconsciousness.
- You cannot be made to enter hypnosis against your will.
- You can return to full consciousness anytime you either want or feel the need.
- All of your senses are awake and alert while you are in a hypnotic state.
- You are in complete control at all times while in hypnosis.
- Hypnosis is a natural experience that happens to most of us each day when we are fully absorbed in something like driving, reading, or watching TV.
- While in hypnosis, you only say and do what you would normally say and do in the conscious state.
Did you know that hypnosis has been approved as an effective modality for treatment by the AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION since 1958.